With increasing technological and scientific advances, the efficient and effective planning and implementation of major projects, especially in hi-tech sectors, is becoming increasingly complex and critical. The course “Introduction to Project Management Principles and Practices” is aimed at providing both basic and some advanced exposure to PM, so as to enable the manager of tomorrow to successfully complete sophisticated projects within the constraints of capital, time, and other resources. Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to identify key characteristics of a project, identify project objectives, define roles and responsibilities of key project members, identify resources needed, and determine project schedule and budget. The course will also help the budding project managers to effectively manage project risks, and understand the importance of effective communications.
Using the 10 knowledge areas of PMBoK, the course covers various aspects of project management (i) project initiation, (ii) project planning and scheduling, (iii) project monitoring and control, and (iv) project termination. The course will also have a module on software project management.
The course will be delivered through video/2D /3D / Animation lectures that include
- Introduction to project management
- Project initiation
- Project planning and scheduling
- Project monitoring and control
- Leadership and communication management
- Project termination
- Software project management
What will you learn:
The course aims to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- To understand the concepts of project definition, life cycle, and systems approach;
- To develop competency in project scoping, work definition, and work breakdown structure (WBS);
- To handle the complex tasks of time estimation and project scheduling, including PERT and CPM
- To develop competencies in project costing, budgeting, and financial appraisal;
- Identify and Analyse factors for successful Projects, as well as reasons for failure in the context of effective Risk Management.
Benefits of Program:
The participants will learn the skills and knowledge needed to effectively manage the project and meet its objectives. The course covers all the 10 knowledge areas of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBoK) by Project Management Institute, USA.
The course being delivered through video, the participants can take the course at their own pace.
The course is open to masters level students and working professionals who would like to develop and enhance their skills in managing projects. The course requires a basic understanding of Excel