About the Course:
A school is a site of learning. It’s widely recognised that schools should provide quality education for all students, irrespective of their identities. All members of the school community should be familiar with the issues which usually arise in the schools in relation to health and safety.
Ensuring safety demands a host of responsibilities from the management and teachers. These are safety preparedness, training of teachers, effective management and so on. Increasingly, safety issues in schools are becoming a cause of concern for many including parents. The occurrences of incidents are frequent and loopholes in safety were reported from various schools in India. Therefore, there must be an immediate and speedy response to any kind of actual or perceived harm or abuse to children. It is a fact that children spend maximum hours in their schools. The safety of students is the most important issue that can’t be ignored. Instilling a sense of security among the students is an indispensable part of improving educational quality. All members of the school community should be familiar with the issues which arise in schools in relation to Health and Safety.
This course covers the following topics:
- Major safety concerns in school
- Proper training of teachers for preventing any mishappenings
- Quick effective management techniques
- Action plan for staff and students
- Safety in labs and features of good classroom
- Management of accidents in school environment
- Counselling of students in relation to age-related issues
What you will learn:
- The various safety concerns which need to be looked into like infrastructure, transport management, fire safety, canteen management, the arrangement of classrooms etc.
- Help schools to use various approaches while accessing and managing various risks in schools.
- Prepare, review and revise emergency plans.
- Give guidelines regarding appointing a competent person to advise and assist the management in securing the safety, welfare, and health of all members of the school community.
- Will know how to create an accident report and will be able to plan in the event of an emergency or accident.
- Will be able to create an effective safety statement.
- Plugs the various loopholes in relation to various safety issues in schools
- Improves staff awareness on safety
- Reduces accidents and incident rates by reducing and eliminating school environment hazards
- Increases productivity of members of school as they are more focused on their work
- Improves collaboration, information flow, and communication among members of school community
- Better reputation of schools
This course is useful for:
- School management
- Teachers and other staffs