About the Course:
We live in an era of quality products and every one desires to have the best quality product available in the market for their day-to-day usage whether it is a food product or household items such as electrical products, electronic items, mechanical products or products being used for various needs. The increased awareness about the quality of products necessitates that the products available in the market should be tested in accredited laboratories following internationally approved quality management system. The international guideline for Accreditation of Testing laboratories is ISO/IEC 17025. In India, the body responsible for granting accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025 is National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
What you will learn:
In this course, you will learn about the following components:
- The development of ISO/IEC 17025 as an International Standard.
- The scope of ISO/IEC 17025.
- The normative references on the basis of which ISO/IEC 17025 is based.
- The terms and definitions relevant to ISO/IEC 17025
- Management requirements as per ISO/IEC 17025.
- Technical requirements as per ISO/IEC 17025.
- Basic concept of accreditation as per ISO/IEC 17025
This course aims at developing an understanding about General Requirements for the competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 with special reference to the management and technical requirements of the Standard.
This course is for:
- Preferably Graduate in Science/ Diploma in Engineering
- Any person who is involved in the accreditation of CAB
- Anyone from CAB who wishes to seek NABL accreditation for the CAB and to understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 before applying for accreditation as per this International Standard.