“Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training and Certification”
About Lean Manufacturing (LM): LM a philosophy, a culture, a way of manufacturing has evolved over last few decades. LM is an internationally established way that delivers tangible benefits like:
- Enhanced manufacturing productivity and competitiveness
- Reduction of wastages in form of: Inventory, Overproduction, Over processing, Space, Energy consumption, Defects and Rejections, Motion, Transportation, etc.
- Increased labor productivity
- Reduced input costs to the Customers
- Introduction of improved production methods in manufacturing
- Standardization of processes,
- social benefits in terms of training of workers, Creation of knowledge,
About Six Sigma: Six Sigma is a management philosophy developed at Motorola in 1986 to help improve business processes. Six Sigma methodology of DMAIC - Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control is built on powerful set of tools and techniques. Adoption of Six Sigma helps organizations to set extremely challenging improvement goals and objectives. Six Sigma establishes various performance parameters on facts and data. These facts and data are thoroughly analyzed using statistical analytics. The analysis provides insight into the exact nature of the issues so that the variations caused by such issues are eliminated completely. Six Sigma delivers key benefits like:
- Ensures near defect free products and services
- Lower costs of ownership
- Improved customer’s experience
- Provides continual improvement path
- Builds better leaders by enabling decisions by facts
Objectives of Training: In today’s competitive business environment, the Management and the Employees are required to deal with complex problems. The Students who are about to enter the industry and take up various roles and responsibilities in their employment will have to deal with such complex problems. Lean and Six Sigma have proved to be the most effective way of analyzing and solving these complex problems. The Students having Lean Six Sigma Skills would be recognized above all. Having the Lean Six Sigma Skills means the student is trained on Analytics, Structured Methodology of Problem Solving, and Delivering value through their work to the organization.
At the end of the training, the Students will be able to:
- Know the evolution of Lean Manufacturing over last few decades
- Understand Lean Philosophy and Principles
- Understand the Lean Tenets and their application
- Know the evolution of Six Sigma over last few decades
- Understand Six Sigma Philosophy and Principles
- Understand the Six Sigma Tools and their application
Prerequisites for attending this training: No specific prerequisites.
Audience: Entry level professionals
Duration: 8 hours
- Introduction to Lean: Evolution, Lean Principles, Lean Philosophy, Lean Culture.
- Lean Tenets and their application – Typically 5S, Poka-Yoke, Kan-Ban, MUDA, Value Stream Mapping, Cellular Layout, SMED, JIT, Kaizen and Kaizen Blitz, Visual Control, etc.
- Introduction to Business Process Management
- Introduction to Six Sigma: Six Sigma Evolution of a Revolution
- Six Sigma Methodology: DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
- At least 2 end to end case studies will be discussed in the training
- Self Assessment Quiz at the end of each module.
Certificate: At the end of the program, the participants who pass the exam will be awarded Certificate as “QCI Certified Lean and Six sigma Yellow Belt”.
1) ----- -----