About the course:
Within the Central Government, the Ministry of Environment & Forest and Climate Change (MoEF & CC) is the designated agency responsible for supervising the execution of environmental and forest policies and programs pertaining to the preservation of India's natural resources, such as rivers and lakes, biodiversity, forests, and wildlife, as well as the welfare of animals and the avoidance and mitigation of pollution.
The Ministry follows the sustainable development principle when carrying out these policies and initiatives. The Ministry is also the nodal agency for
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP),
South Asia Co-operative Environment Programme (SACEP),
International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) and
The United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED).
The Ministry also coordinates with multilateral bodies such as The Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD), Global Environment Facility (GEF) and Regional bodies such as Economic and Social Council for Asia and Pacific (ESCAP) and South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) on matters pertaining to environment.
There are the following main topics covered in this course–
- Introduction to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF & CC)
- Role and mandate of MoEF & CC
- Organizations and Institutions under MoEF & CC
- Introduction and detailed discussion on the various Environmental Regulations – Acts and Rules prevailing in India viz.
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 as amended.
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1981 as amended.
- The Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 as amended
- The Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000 as amended
- Other applicable rules in India for Industrial Sector
- Discussion and practical demonstration on Annual returns needs to be submitted by the industry to the authorities.
What you will learn:
- The course of this workshop includes the basic theoretical aspects, emphasizes on the applied areas of regulatory environmental compliance. Examples will be used to clarify the various issues and help you see how they can be used in the field. It also includes Practical demonstration on Annual returns submitted by the industry to the authorities.
Who should attend the Workshop :
- Professionals who are involved in the field of statutory compliance at Industry, consultancy level
- Academic Professionals
- Students who are willing to make carrier in environmental profession.
Benefits of Certification:
- Provide participants the platform they need to understand the practical applications of this field and increase their chances of taking a job in an environmental-related field.
- Experienced experts may refresh their knowledge and skill
Note: Duration of workshop - 6 hours
Type of examination: It will be a computer-based examination that will include multiple choice questions (MCQ). The said questions will be from the topics covered in the course.
For any query, please write to :