ISO/IEC 17025:2017 - Risk Management requirements & implementation in Laboratories
About the Course:
This third edition, ISO/IEC 17025:2017 has been technically revised and one of the main changes compared to the previous edition is the risk-based thinking which has enabled some reduction in prescriptive requirements and their replacement by performance-based requirements.
Further, as per one of the requirements ISO/IEC 17025:2017, the laboratory shall consider the risks and opportunities associated with the laboratory activities in order to:
a) give assurance that the management system achieves its intended results;
b) enhance opportunities to achieve the purpose and objectives of the laboratory;
c) prevent, or reduce, undesired impacts and potential failures in the laboratory activities;
d) achieve improvement.
Addressing both risks and opportunities establishes a basis for increasing the effectiveness of the management system, achieving improved results and preventing negative effects. The laboratory is responsible for deciding which risks and opportunities need to be addressed.
The course gives a structured and comprehensive approach to Risk Management in Laboratories. The course includes ISO 31000:2018; Principles, framework, process and techniques of Risk Management. Various practical Risk management Techniques are also covered.
Duration: 1-day training (8 hours)
Date: 22 December 2021
This training course is aimed at laboratory management and personnel of laboratories, and Assessors associated with Accreditation Body Specifically-
- Directors/Laboratory Managers, Scientists, Engineers, Auditors, Assessors and Consultants
- Personnel of ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and applicant laboratories.
- Personnel responsible for technical or quality management of testing or calibration laboratories
Structure of the course:
The online training with PowerPoint presentations, group exercises for brain-storming & better understanding of the risk management aspect of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
After successful completion of the course, you will be having the knowledge and skill to-
- Understand the terms and definitions, framework, procedure and analysis of risk management.
- Improve the laboratory’s approach to risks and reducing/preventing negative effects
- Implement technique to identify the risk and developing mitigation plan.
- Addressing risk associated with the Laboratories.
- Learning materials
- Certificate of participation
For any query, please write to: