About the Course
Clinical audit is a very important tool for quality improvement especially for improving the care to patients. Unfortunately is a much misunderstood aspect and in many cases gets confused with research. It is seen as a “fault” finding tool. Organisations and individuals have an unfounded fear regarding the entire process. The course will take you through the entire clinical audit process and dispel any doubts that you may have.
What you will learn
- To understand clinical audit process. To help clinicians decide exactly why they are doing a particular audit and what they want to achieve through carrying out the audit.
- To select the right topic for audit.
- To use evidence of good clinical practice/evidence-based medicine in designing clinical audits.
- To help clinicians formulate measures of quality based on evidence of good practice, as the basis for data collection and also to develop data collection protocols and tools and advise on data collection for clinical audits while ensuring that patient confidentiality and data protection issues are addressed.
- To understand use of statistics for analysing and presenting findings of data collection and thus help clinicians to analyse causes of problems that are affecting the quality of care.
- To help clinicians manage review of clinical audit findings with their colleagues and be able to prepare clinical audit reports.
The certification will enable you to provide objective evidence of having acquired skills in clinical audit. More importantly it will help you in planning, conducting and analyzing clinical audits in your organisation. You would be a select few personnel in the country who are trained in the nuances of clinical audit.
- Nursing Staff (NNM, BSc with relevant experience)
- Technical / paramedical staff with relevant hospital experience
- Master in Hospital Management or Doctors (including MBBS, Dentists, and AYUSH etc.)