About the Course:
The TQM is a philosophy that can be implemented in the different organisation. In this course, we’ll discuss various philosophies of TQM and its salient features as chanted by Quality Gurus. TQM gained momentum in the backdrop of the Ford inspired mass-production which escalated several quality challenges.
The TQM emerged from the manufacturing sector and crept into the services sectors. The benefits of the quality management practice are adequately documented in India and the rest of the world. Several companies tweaked and implemented it according to their requirements. It effectively involves everyone from top management to the shop floor workers to enthusiastically participate as a team.
You’ll be able to learn:
- How TQM evolved, historically
- Emergence of two quality management approaches namely Western and Japanese
- How Japanese quality management approach gained momentum
- Basic concepts and strategies of TQM (the Deming Cycle or the PDCA)
- Quality tools used in implementation of TQM in an organisation
The learner will recognize TQM as a valuable approach for improving productivity in any organisation.
This course is for:
- MBAs / engineering graduates
- Diploma holders having experience in manufacturing or service sector
- Shop floor workers of a manufacturing organization
- Industrial workers from manufacturing organisation