About the Course:
Despite considerable research in the best practices, a huge number of countries including India are grappling with challenges of the Surgical Site Infections (SSIs) in the hospitals. Keeping the Indian healthcare setting in mind, there is an urgent need to minimise the SSIs.
This course will begin with an introduction to the SSIs. The course provides a detailed insight into various factors involved in the development of SSIs.
To prevent the SSIs, what are things doctors and hospitals are doing?
Learners will be able to understand best practices and guidelines to identify and reduce SSI rates. Additionally, this course will walk through the basics of an establishing infection control programme, monitoring, contributing elements and risk reduction strategies for SSI and improvement of surgical outcomes. There are 11 modules:
- Healthcare Associated Infections Prevention and Control
- Overview of Isolation Precautions and Practices
- Principles of Aseptic Techniques
- Hand Hygiene
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention: Best Practices
- Guidelines on Pre-Operative Hair Removal
- Unintended Hypothermia: The Importance of Maintaining Normothermia
- How to Maintain Normothermia
- Creating and Maintaining Sterile Surface & Prevention of SSI Through
- Sterilization Methods and Monitoring
You’ll be able to learn:
Ø Factors involved in the SSIs and how to cope with it
Ø Modes of transmission for important healthcare pathogens
Ø Methods for interruption of transmission of pathogens in healthcare settings
Ø How to implement effective methods to prevent transmission
Ø A broad overview of the importance of basic concepts in Infection Prevention including:
· Hand hygiene and asepsis
· Isolation precautions
· Disinfection and sterilization
· Good practices to reduce surgical site infections
This course is for:
Ø Nursing staffs having relevant experience
Ø Technical / paramedical staff with relevant hospital experience
Ø Post-graduates in hospital management
Ø Doctors (MBBS, Dentists, AYUSH and many more)
The course helps care providers to identify opportunities to improve patient safety and improve patient outcomes among surgical patients.