Program for Potential Assessors on ISO/IEC 17025:2005
About the Program:
This program is meant for potential assessors to know about standard ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.
NABL assures the competence of the laboratories that it accredits through a system of assessment in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025:2005. The assessment is carried out by a team of Assessors. Basically, the Assessor role is to conduct on-site assessment of laboratory to adjudge the compliance. The assessment is carried out systematically on all aspects of technical competence and of laboratory’s management system.
This program aims to develop a good understanding for potential assessors on interpretation of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 from assessor angle like what is to be seen during the assessment of a laboratory and how to review the document etc.
What you will learn
In this course, the participants (potential assessors) will learn about the following components:
- Introduction to Accreditation, its benefits & NABL Operations
- History, Scope, Terms and Definitions of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005
- Management & Technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17025: 2005
- How to interpret these requirements and ensure implementation aspects in the laboratory
- Various techniques to ensure implementation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or a Master’s degree in Science.
- The work experience requirement is a minimum of ten years in the relevant area of testing/ calibration, out of which five years at supervisory level and above.
Benefits of Program
After completing this program, the participants will be able to appreciate the basic concept of accreditation and acquire knowledge/ understanding about the management and technical requirements stipulated in ISO/IEC 17025: 2005 from assessor’s viewpoint before applying to NABL for becoming NABL assessor.
Note: The selection for the candidates for the training of Assessors shall be done by NABL based on its current / anticipated requirements in specific fields / facilities and availability of trained assessors in its pool. The selection of participants is at the sole discretion of NABL.